Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Hidden Mitten



garrett-guitar vocals; mike-baritone guitar vocals; melanie-keyboard percussion vocals; tom-drums percussion autoparts

This is one of my favorite local bands right now. I haven't made it out to as many of their show as I would like recently but they do play often. I saw them once in the spring when melanie was about 7 months pregnant and again last Sunday, only weeks after she had given birth! That's rock and roll. They have great chemistry on stage, especially erin and garrett. Their sound rock/90spunk but is still very catchy (see weezer), and they play a wicked Rentals cover of the love I'm searching for that fits in so perfectly with their rotation that if you weren't paying attention in 1997 you would think that it is one of their own (go, go gadget run on sentence.)
I heard rumblings of a recording session and an ep but haven't see it yet, apparently there is some trouble getting a hold of the masters.
Get out and see them ASAP. The next show is in December at Cal's Liquors.


No comments: